It’s Valentine’s Day and if it’s got you in the mood for love, why not start falling in love with your home all over again? After all, we believe a beautiful home starts with beautiful windows.
Nowadays, technology plays a vital role when it comes to the design and manufacturing of windows and choosing to have something that’s functional is simply ‘out of the window’.
The materials and approach to aesthetics means that you can have windows that are not only great to look at – and, of course, out from - but they bring a great deal of comfort to your home, which is definitely what you need with the unpredictable Scottish weather.
Slim, bevelled frames look good and can let the light flood in, hardwood sills and surrounds can create bespoke interiors, while new materials combined with precision engineering provide the best ever energy efficiency and security.
Given we’ve been designing and installing windows for over 40 years, we’re proud that we manufacture our products in Scotland. And we’re equally proud that our bespoke Lorimer range means we can create windows that work for you and your home.
It’s no exaggeration to say that beautiful homes start with beautiful windows. The design of your windows can do so much to add style, character and warmth to a home - all things that make the right recipe for making you love your home for years and years.
Here are six reasons to love CR Smith Lorimer windows:
- The shape of the frame. Made to CR Smith’s unique design, the frames of Lorimer windows are slim, contoured in shape and engineered for a better, smoother look. There is no reason to accept large flat uPVC frames or unsightly manufacturing techniques.
- Windows to match the character of your home. There is no need to lose the character of your home as the range and functionality of Lorimer windows means that it is possible to find a style that gives you the look you want and that meets all the building regulations.
- Hardwood internal sills. The window is a focal point of your room, letting in light and can provide as big an impact on the interior design as a prized piece of furniture, with a choice of hardwood sills and surrounds, including Oak, Ash and Cherry, finished in wax, varnish or paint.
- Energy Efficient. Lorimer exceeds Scottish Building Regulations and has a Window Energy Rating of ‘A’ as standard. CR Smith can do this because its design incorporates the latest environmentally friendly and thermally efficient materials and the latest engineering technology.
- Precision engineered in Scotland for Scotland. All CR Smith Lorimer windows are unique to CR Smith, and not the common standard ‘off the shelf’ window design. They are made at CR Smith’s state-of-the-art factory in Fife and fitted by the company’s own time served joiners for that perfect finish.
- Guarantees. CR Smith is now in its fourth generation of its 10 year guarantee that covers parts, products and workmanship. The company has outlasted many others. It guarantees that all installations meet, as a minimum, the exacting standards of Building Regulations (Scotland) at the time of installation and, all windows feature multi-point locking systems with a BSI Kitemark BS7412/PAS 24 for Enhanced Security.